|Date Posted||March 6, 2018|
Be the Second-in-Command, Marrying Your Strategic Vision with Tactical Excellence to Turbocharge Your Career in this Not-Your-Average Assistant Role
Don't be fooled by the title–this is a hands-on leadership opportunity to partner with a seasoned Plant Manager, learning all facets–from safety & staffing to forecasting & planning–for a well oiled manufacturing plant where you'll enjoy the “best of both worlds” on multiple levels:
- If you've ever wanted to run your own operation without the risk of business ownership, this is it…you'll get the keys to the kingdom and the resources you need and can marry your strategic vision with tactical excellence to create a self-sustaining plant.
- Far from being pigeonholed into doing ho-hum assistant-level work, you'll not only oversee production but also get involved in strategic planning and forecasting. It is a stimulating, challenging and fertile setting where the daily grind simply does not exist.
- With strong growth and turbocharged expansion, you'll be groomed not just for the Plant Manager role, but the sky's the limit (a former Plant Manager is now VP of Operations) depending on your passion and aptitude.
Boral Roofing is a subsidiary of Boral USA and is the country's largest premium provider of complete roofing and re-roofing solutions for architects as well as commercial and residential builders. Boral Roofing operates 12 clay and concrete tile manufacturing plants throughout the U.S. and Canada. Headquartered in Roswell, Georgia, Boral USA, through its subsidiaries, employs approximately 1,500 individuals at more than 140 operating and distribution sites across the United States. The U.S. operations include the country's largest clay roof tile, concrete roof tile and brick manufacturer.
To be a strong fit for the Assistant Plant Manager opportunity, you will have:
- Associate's degree is required
- 5 years of manufacturing experience in a management role
- Solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing principals: the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success driving improvements in safety, quality, productivity and/or efficiency using lean methodology (e.g. 5S, Kaizen, etc.)
- Knowledge of equipment repairs, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Organization, prioritization and time management skills; strong multi-tasking abilities
- The ability to work independently and meet goals autonomously
- Computer savvy in a Microsoft Office suite environment, including Excel, Word, Outlook etc.