|Date Posted||April 10, 2018|
GOLDMARK Property Management is seeking an ambitious individual to join our Capital Project Management team based at our Fargo Home Office. The Capital Project Manager is responsible for managing large capital improvement projects for residential managed properties (roofing, parking lots, decks, etc.), coordinate the bidding process, as well as inspect and approve completed work by contractors on projects. The Capital Project Manager also completes assigned annual property inspections to identify capital improvement needs and develops annual capital improvement budgets. Five or more years of experience in construction management is required and a Bachelors degree in a related field is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure decisions made and work completed represent GOLDMARK values
- Develop project scope and specifications for large capital improvement project for managed properties. Coordinate the bidding process. Manage assigned capital improvement projects within assigned budgets. Coordinate scheduling with site managers, maintenance managers, and contractors. Monitor work progress and quality of contractors.
- Physically inspect and approve completed work by contractors on projects to ensure quality and specifications have been met. Ensure that any necessary corrections are completed before payment is approved. Review and recommend for payment capital improvement bills within established guidelines. This may include inspecting roofs, concrete work, landscaping, and/or physical equipment installations.
- Perform annual inspections of assigned properties to identify capital improvement needs and recommend ongoing preventive maintenance improvements.
- Develop annual capital improvement budgets. Recommend projects and provide estimated costs to company management and property owners.
- Provide regular budget updates and summaries on capital improvements for presentation to company management and property owners.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Duties described above are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required. Team members may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Five or more year’s of experience in construction.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to relate to a diverse group of people.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve consistent high-level results.
- A motivated, well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, manage time, as well as possess an orientation toward details.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, area and volume.
- Four year Bachelors degree in business or related subject preferred; or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquires or complaints.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; lift or move up to 25 pounds, and speak clearly and hear well.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be willing to work extended hours in a demanding and sometimes stressful environment. Evening and weekend work is required at times.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
tag lines #construction, #capital improvements