|Date Posted||January 11, 2019|
Furbish specializes in sustainable approaches to urban building practices. We focus on storm water management and indoor air quality by developing, supplying, installing, and maintaining living roofs, living walls and other ecology-based systems. Current product lines include EcoCline (green roofs), BioWall (living walls), SmartSlope (vegetated retaining walls), and Raintainer (above-grade bioretention). The firm is mid-Atlantic based and has completed projects across the country. With approximately thirty-two employees, the firm generates over $5M in revenue and believes opportunity to quadruple the size of the business is before us.
We seek an experienced, entrepreneurial Chief Operating Officer that can deliver rapid growth based upon the core principles of outstanding customer experience, innovative product/service, and niche market opportunities. The COO is charged with implementing the company’s strategic plan as related to operations – safety, staffing, procedures, logistics, quality control, infrastructure, and morale. As a key component of the management team, the COO would help shape the company’s strategic plan as well.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand the company’s products, services, pricing structure, and profitability targets
- Understand the marketplace – competitors, alliances, and our comparative niche positions; our value propositions in comparison to others
- Achieve revenue and margin targets by successfully delivering contracts for product fulfillment or installation/maintenance service or both. Adept at achieving financial/growth targets while enhancing customer experience
- Manage the company’s product lines (EcoCline, BioWall, SmartSlope, Raintainer) by leading the key personnel in each product line. If appropriate, focus may begin with EcoCline product line (majority of firm’s revenue) and expand into management of other product lines
- Nurture’s key customer relationships (developers, GCs, roofers, property managers) in manner that exceeds customer experience expectations (opportunity exists because construction industry accepts mediocrity as norm) and fosters repeat business
- Develop operating procedures that increase productivity. Continually improves on site procedures for executing project details at higher quality and lower effort. Continually researches new tools/procedures introduced to the industry
- Maintains facilities, vehicles, equipment, tools in manner that they are always ready for productive use
- Motivates crews to high performance and sense of fulfillment. Uses crew morale as key component of future recruitment
- Delivers on contractual obligations in a manner that enhances future sales. Treats operations success as key component of company’s marketing
- The COO reports to the founder and president of the firm, Michael Furbish