|Date Posted||February 6, 2019|
Roofing experience is required for consideration.
Seeking an assertive, dynamic, ambitious individual who thrives in a conceptual and detail-based environment. The Commercial Roofing Estimator is responsible for preparing accurate, timely estimates and contract negotiation on potential projects. Position is based out of the Springboro, OH location.
Nations Roof is one of the largest and fastest growing commercial roofing contractors, ranked #5 in 2018 Top Roofing Contractors in the US.
- Monitor bid opportunities, prepare bid packages, and solicit subcontractor and vendor proposals
- Read takeoffs from plans/specs for projects
- Estimate, compile bids and generate proposals so that they are completed on time
- Make site visits to collect bidding information
- Work in tandem with sales staff to prepare proposals for completion before prospective customer due date
- Assist in winning new business by reviewing estimates within established parameters (Bid Review)
- Review/prepare proposed project bids in accordance with company bidding procedures, with essential overall cost accuracy
- Review contracts for accuracy in price and scope
- Prepare submittal packages
- Prepare notice of award for manufacturer guarantees
- Prepare change order estimates for approval
- Prepare purchase orders request
- Participate in pre-construction meetings
- Participate in pre-job meetings with hand off from estimating to project management on assigned projects
- Coordinate project activities to attain successful goals on all projects by focusing attention to on time and in budget project completion
- Complete project closeout documents
- Participate in post-job review/analysis of actual costs to estimated costs through job cost system for use on future projects
- Assist in winning profitable repeat business by cultivating customer relationships during management of projects
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Commercial Roofing Estimating experience and knowledge of systems and products
- Navigate estimating software programs or data base estimating
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/ specification
- Proficient in MS office, XL, typing and computer navigation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively internally and externally at C-level
- Clear communication and time management abilities
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- Stable work history
- Edge estimating software experience
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not meant to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
Competitive wage and exceptional benefit package:
- Company Vehicle, Phone and Computer
- Medical, Dental Benefits
- Accident and Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Holiday and Vacation
- 401(K) with employer match
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITER calls or emails.
All candidates need to be authorized to work in the U.S.