|Date Posted||September 13, 2018|
Commercial Roofing Industry experience required for consideration.
We are seeking a highly motivated, professional Operations Manager to provide realistic leadership to personnel and assisting with efficient quality control and safety.
Nations Roof is one of the largest and fastest growing commercial roofing contractors, ranked #5 in 2018 Top Roofing Contractors in the US. We were founded to give today’s businesses a clear choice for trustworthy, cost-effective roofing solutions. At Nations Roof, we embrace safety as an important part of a job well done. Nations Roof is an expert in every type of roofing, waterproofing, coating, green and metal system application. Our emphasis is not just project based: we work to understand the budgets, solutions and maintenance that fit best with all roofing assets. We can offer more than a job….we offer a challenging career in a company that values our employees.
Functions: Responsible for effectively managing superintendents, estimators and project managers to maximize efficiency and install roof systems according to company expectations regarding safety and quality workmanship.
- Monitor projects with respect to current status and time and materials
- Coordinate preparation of operating reports such as time and attendance records, terminations, new hires, transfers, budget expenditures and statistical records of performance data
- Conduct regular meetings with project managers and field workers
- Determine training needs for roofing crews; organize and direct needed training in safety, quality and customer satisfaction
- Review and analyze budget reports and prepare and develop budget modifications and recommendations
- Document project discrepancy between budget and actual
- Recruit, train and retain a workforce
- Willing to learn and teach best practices for roofing installation by fully participating in on-the-job training as well as periodic manufacturer training
- Ensure crews are adhering to OSHA and company safety regulations
- Know and stay abreast of design requirements, codes and materials
- Must be able to calmly track multiple ongoing jobs
- Study methods of improving work measurements and performance standards
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Commercial Roofing production management and knowledge of systems and products
- Understand implications of lost production on job budgets
- Leadership and management skills
- Ability to identify, correct and report unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards
- Knowledge to inspect and ensure attention to detail and quality
- Ability to convey information, concepts and concerns to people with differing communication styles
- Collect and research data to the company’s benefit
- Proficient in MS office, XL, typing and computer navigation skills
- Build and develop productive working relationships with other department managers and management personnel
- Able to understand complex problems and make decisions to benefit everyone as much as possible
10 years roofing production supervision experience
- Bilingual fluency (English/ Spanish)
- Experience with estimating programs
- Premium Wages (based upon knowledge and experience)
- Company Vehicle, Phone and Computer
- Medical, Dental Benefits
- Accident and Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Holiday and Vacation
- 401(K) with employer match
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not meant to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.