|Location||Coral Springs, Florida|
|Date Posted||July 12, 2017|
Seeking an experienced Project Manager responsible for over site, planning, implementation, and tracking on multiple large scale roof projects from beginning, to end. Qualified candidates will have experience in management of all phases of commercial/industrial roofing construction.
**Please no recruiter calls to the local office and we are only considering local candidates at this time**
Nations Roof, one of the largest and fastest growing commercial roofing contractors, was founded to give today’s businesses a clear choice for trustworthy, cost-effective roofing solutions. At Nations Roof, we embrace safety as an important part of a job well done. Nations Roof is an expert in every type of roofing, waterproofing, coating, green and metal system application. Our emphasis is not just project based: we work to understand the budgets, solutions and maintenance that fit best with all roofing assets. We offer more than a job….we offer a challenging career in a company that values our employees.
Specific Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinate project activities to attain successful goals on all projects by focusing attention to on time and in budget project completion.
- Read takeoffs from plans/specs for commercial projects.
- Management of assigned projects including coordination/supervision of subcontractors.
- Controlling and prioritizing multiple activities while handling multiple projects.
- Prepare purchase orders request for review.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings.
- Maintain communication with project contacts regarding scheduling.
- Insuring inventory of materials received at project site.
- Coordinate final inspections with customer/manufacturer and advise estimating dept. of completion.
- Complete project closeout documents.
- Ensuring overall quality control of projects.
- Assist estimating, on an as needed basis, prepare bid packages and submittals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Work Skills – Project Manager must exhibit technical and management skills necessary to manage roof system installations.
- Ability to convey information, concepts and concerns to people with differing communication styles
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret: Speak in a clear and professional manner
- Work related documents
- OSHA regulations
- Participate in meetings
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications; collect and research data, and use intuition and experience to complement information
- Knowledge of various roof systems, materials, construction processes and theories; desire to stay abreast of codes and other necessary information
- Know and stay abreast of design requirements, codes and materials; use expertise to execute projects
- Coordinate projects, communicate changes and monitor progress
- Ability to identify, correct and report unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards.
- Knowledge to inspect and ensure attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed productivity standards; works quickly and accurately
- Understand budgeting and implications to jobs
- Work within approved budget
- Develop and implement cost-saving measures
- Roofing industry experience
- English fluency
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to use/learn business technology
- Three years’ roofing production supervision experience
- English/ Spanish fluency
- FCS Control experience
- Experience with Edge Estimating software programs
- Local building codes knowledge
The contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all of the responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
What to look forward to
The right individual will be provided with opportunities beyond what’s expected in the roofing industry with a challenging career, great compensation, medical benefits, paid vacation and a 401(K) program.
If interested and have Commercial Roofing experience, please Submit your resume today!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S