|Date Posted||March 27, 2018|
Roofing experience is required to be considered for this position.
Seeking an experienced Project Manager responsible for over site, planning, implementation, and tracking on multiple large scale roof projects from beginning, to end. Qualified candidates will have experience in all phases of commercial/industrial roofing projects. This position is based out of the Redmond, WA location.
About Us! Nations Roof is one of the largest and fastest growing commercial roofing contractors, ranked #4 in 2017 Top Roofing Contractors in the U.S. At Nations Roof, we embrace safety as an important part of a job well done. Nations Roof is an expert in every type of roofing, waterproofing, coating, green and metal system application. Our emphasis is not just project based: we work to understand the budgets, solutions and maintenance that fit best with all roofing assets. We offer more than a job….we offer a challenging career in a company that values our employees.
Please no recruiter calls to the local office and we are only considering local candidates at this time.
Specific Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
- Know and stay abreast of design requirements, codes and materials; use expertise to execute projects
- Coordinate project activities to attain successful goals on all projects by focusing attention to on time and in budget project completion.
- Read takeoffs from plans/specs for commercial projects.
- Management of assigned projects including coordination/supervision of subcontractors.
- Controlling and prioritizing multiple activities while handling multiple projects.
- Prepare purchase orders request for review.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings.
- Maintain communication with project contacts regarding scheduling.
- Insuring inventory of materials received at project site.
- Coordinate final inspections with customer/manufacturer and advise estimating dept. of completion.
- Complete project closeout documents.
- Ensuring overall quality control of projects.
- Assist estimating, on an as needed basis, prepare bid packages and submittals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Work Skills – Project Manager must exhibit technical and management skills necessary to manage roof system installations.
Effective communication –Ability to convey information, concepts and concerns to people with differing communication styles
Language skills – Ability to read, analyze and interpret:
- Work related documents
- OSHA regulations
- Work related documents
Oral communication – Speak in a clear and professional manner
- Participate in meetings
Written communication – Able to read and interpret written information
- Write in a clear, professional manner
Technology – Ability to use phones, tablets and other technology tools; knowledge of and ability to use the following software applications:
Analysis – Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications; collect and research data, and use intuition and experience to complement information
Roof system knowledge – Knowledge of various roof systems, materials, construction processes and theories; desire to stay abreast of codes and other necessary information
Project management – Coordinate projects, communicate changes and monitor progress
Safety and security – Ability to identify, correct and report unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards:
Quality – Knowledge to inspect and ensure attention to detail and quality
- Monitor work to ensure quality
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail
Productivity – Demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed productivity standards; works quickly and accurately
Cost consciousness – Understand budgeting and implications to jobs
- Work within approved budget
- Develop and implement cost-saving measures
Education and Experience
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- English fluency
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to use/learn business technology
- Familiarity with local building codes
- Roofing industry experience
- Bilingual fluency
- Experience with estimating programs
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
Competitive wage and exceptional benefit package:
- Medical, dental insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(K) retirement program with employer contribution
- Paid vacation and holidays
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.