|Date Posted||July 25, 2018|
Commercial roofing industry experience is required.
We are seeking a skilled Commercial Roofing Superintendent with experience in all phases of large scale roofing projects. Qualified candidates will provide leadership for operations personnel and supervision over the completion of projects at multiple job sites by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising field employees, sub-contractors and staff.
Nations Roof is one of the largest and fastest growing commercial roofing contractors, ranked #4 in 2017 Top Roofing Contractors in the US. We were founded to give today’s businesses a clear choice for trustworthy, cost-effective roofing solutions. At Nations Roof, we embrace safety as an important part of a job well done. Nations Roof is an expert in every type of roofing, waterproofing, coating, green and metal system application. Our emphasis is not just project based: we work to understand the budgets, solutions and maintenance that fit best with all roofing assets. We can offer more than a job….we offer a challenging career in a company that values our employees.
PLEASE NO RECRUITER CALLS.
Purpose: Provide leadership for operations personnel and supervision over the completion of projects at multiple job sites by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising field employees, sub-contractors and staff.
Specific Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
- Monitor projects with respect to current status and time and materials
- Coordinate preparation of operating reports such as time and attendance records, terminations, new hires, transfers, budget expenditures and statistical records of performance data
- Conduct regular meetings with field workers
- Determine training needs for roofing crews; organize and direct needed training in safety, quality and customer satisfaction
- Review and analyze budget reports and prepare and develop budget modifications and recommendations
- Document project discrepancy between budget and actual
- Recruit, train and retain a workforce
- Willing to learn and teach best practices for roofing installation by fully participating in on-the-job training as well as periodic manufacturer training
- Ensure crews are adhering to OSHA and company safety regulations
- Know and stay abreast of design requirements, codes and materials
- Must be able to calmly track multiple ongoing jobs
- Study methods of improving work measurements and performance standards
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of various roof systems, materials, construction processes and theories; desire to stay abreast of codes and other necessary information
- Ability to identify, correct and report unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards
- Knowledge to inspect and ensure attention to detail and quality
- Ability to convey information, concepts and concerns to people with differing communication styles
- Collect and research data to the company’s benefit
- Build and develop productive working relationships with other department managers and management personnel
- Able to understand complex problems and make decisions to benefit everyone as much as possible
Education and Experience
- Roofing production supervision experience
- English fluency
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to use/learn business technology
- Ability to travel when required
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years roofing production supervision experience
- Bilingual fluency (English/ Spanish)
- Experience with estimating programs
Premium wages and exceptional benefit package:
- Medical, Dental Benefits
- Accident and Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Holiday and Vacation
- 401(K) with employer contribution
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not meant to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.