|Date Posted||December 6, 2017|
Nations Roof is growing! As a result of growth we are seeking a personable, team oriented individual who thrives in a safe and detail based environment. The Risk Coordinator is responsible for assisting in minimizing the risk of job-related accidents.
OSHA 500 certification is a must. Please no recruiter calls to the local office.
Nations Roof, one of the largest and fastest growing commercial roofing contractors, was founded to give today’s businesses a clear choice for trustworthy, cost-effective roofing solutions. At Nations Roof, we embrace safety as an important part of a job well done. Nations Roof is an expert in every type of roofing, waterproofing, coating, green and metal system application. Our emphasis is not just project based: we work to understand the budgets, solutions and maintenance that fit best with all roofing assets. We offer more than a job….we offer a challenging career in a company that values our employees.
- Monitor and visit job sites to conduct safety inspections on personnel, equipment and materials
- Advise on provisions to minimize safety risks
- Lead accident investigation procedures
- Keep records of safety-related incidents and propose corrective actions
- Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues
- Intervene in unsafe activities or operations
- Prepare and conduct safety training sessions for employees
- Train OSHA 10 and 30 hour classes
- Implement safety policies, procedures and programs in compliance with company, local, state, federal, and OSHA rules and regulations.
Education and Experience
- Essential to have a working knowledge of construction safety and loss control, including OSHA, DOT and workers’ compensation insurance
- Must be able to travel overnight 30-50% of the time
- Proficient in MS office
- Ability to build productive relationships with field and management team
- OSHA 500 certification – Required
- Bilingual- English/Spanish verbal and written fluency
- Bachelor degree from four-year college or university; Or 3-5 years minimum related experience and/or training; Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of various roof systems, materials, construction processes and theories
- Participated in an informal OSHA conference meeting
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all of the responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified.
What to look forward to
The right individual will be provided with opportunities beyond what’s expected in the roofing industry with a challenging career, great compensation, medical benefits, life and disability insurance, vacation and a 401(K) program.
If interested, have construction experience and an OSHA 500 certification, please submit your resume today!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S