|Location||New Haven, CT|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2018|
Construction accounting experience is required.
Nations Roof, is seeking a driven and detail oriented Staff Accountant. We are a national commercial roofing contractor located in Stratford, CT near the New Haven area. Our projects range in scope from large scale new construction commercial, industrial, hospitality, distribution centers, retail centers, offices, multifamily and Green Roofs to large renovations of existing buildings.
Only local candidates will be considered.
Job Responsibilities – Senior Staff Accountant
- Project set up form (Viewpoint) and job maintenance including change orders and budgets. Provide job cost reports and assistance to project management and operations as needed. Facilitate and coordinate the maintenance of estimated cost budgets to project completion.
- Enter accounts payable invoices, assist with the maintenance of vendor records, reconciliation of vendor statements, follow up as required. Assure timely and complete correspondence with vendors. Coordinate with purchase orders and related records.
- Periodic check runs and assist with cash management.
- Support project management in the preparation and timely completion of AIA/Job and Service billing and all supporting documentation. Enter accounts receivable transactions including AIA/Monthly Billings and cash receipts.
- Collection of accounts receivable and maintenance of customer credit notes.
- Subcontract generation, entry and maintenance.
- Deposit checks for office and others.
- Expense reporting system coding/exporting and maintenance.
- Compete various office management responsibilities as assigned regularly and from time to time.
- Cross-train and provide assistance with the payroll process as needed.
- Support Corporate accounting and information requirements as required from time to time.
- Respond to accounting-related duties as assigned by the Controller and provide to him/her reports and status updates as required. Comply with monthly close schedule.
- Other accounting and office management duties as assigned.
- Competitive Wages (based upon experience)
- Medical, Dental Benefits
- Accident and Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Holiday and Vacation
- 401(K) with employer match
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not meant to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITER CALLS.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.