|Date Posted||June 19, 2018|
Construction accounting experience is required.
Nations Roof, is seeking a driven and detail oriented Staff Acountant. We are a national commercial roofing contractor located in Baltimore near the Glenn Burnie area. Our projects range in scope from large scale new construction commercial, industrial, hospitality, distribution centers, retail centers, offices, multifamily and Green Roofs to large renovations of existing buildings.
Please No recruiter calls and note only local candidates will be considered.
Job Responsibilities – Senior Staff Accountant
- Project set up form (Viewpoint) and job maintenance including change orders and budgets. Provide job cost reports and assistance to project management and operations as needed. Facilitate and coordinate the maintenance of estimated cost budgets to project completion.
- Payroll. Supervise, provide data-input and other support as needed and act as a back-up for the payroll process.
- Coordinate with, and assist the Human Resources department to assure that personnel records and issues are up to date, and resolved in a timely and correct manner.
- Supervise and assist with the accounts payable process. Tasks may include entry of invoices and credits, maintenance of vendor records, reconciliation of vendor statements, and other follow up as required. Assure timely and complete correspondence with vendors. Coordinate with purchase orders and related records.
- Periodic check runs and assist with cash management.
- Assist with the preparation of periodic construction billing, including AIA and other formats. Review costs against proposed billings, consider actual and committed costs with the goal of optimizing the over-billing position each month. Assure a requisitions are compliant with time and other requirements of the underlying contracts and customers.
- Entry of cash receipts and maintenance of customer accounts. Collection of accounts receivable and maintenance of customer credit notes.
- Subcontract generation, entry and maintenance.
- Deposit checks for office and others.
- Comdata (or similar) coding/exporting and maintenance.
- Support LLC accounting and information requirements as required from time to time.
- Respond to accounting-related duties as assigned by the Controller and provide to him/her reports and status updates as required. Comply with monthly close schedule.
- Other accounting and office management duties as assigned.
- Competitive Wages (knowledge and experience based)
- Medical, Dental Benefits
- Accident and Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Holiday and Vacation
- 401(K) with employer match
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not meant to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.