|Location||South Gate, CA|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2018|
Licensed Manufacturing Plant Electrician performs quick analysis, troubleshooting and repair of all electrical and electronic components associated in an industrial environment. Programming and operational use of Allen Bradley, CTI, Simotion, Direct Logic PLC's, AC/DC variable speed drives and servo drives.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for adherence to company policies including safety and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations for maintenance department.
- Diagnoses and isolates production equipment malfunctions using schematics, wiring diagrams, blue prints and associated test equipment.
- Works on combustion furnaces, which include troubleshooting differential pressure transmitters, thermocouples, RTD's, safety interlocks and burners.
- Constructs new and modifies existing installations as per NEC.
- Installs, calibrates, and repairs various instruments including pressure, flow, level, temperature and position transducers.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs when production equipment is down.
- Assists other departments through planning and technical assistance.
- Stays current on city and state electrical codes.
Malarkey Roofing Products has identified a set of core competencies that are common across the company. Employees are expected to demonstrate proficiencies in the following.
Commitment to Safety and Health
Observes safety and health procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly; takes personal responsibility for safety
Quality of Work
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality standards are met.
Makes customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; identifies and develops relationship needs and customer desires; communicates professionally and effectively with all customer interactions.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with alternative plan; meets attendance and timeliness standards.
Cooperation and Teamwork
Works effectively with others regardless of organizational level, background, gender, race, religion or ethnicity. Demonstrates personal commitment to team goals handles differences in work styles effectively when working with others, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
The electrician performs in a warehouse and factory environment. While performing the duties of this job, the electrician is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The electrician will occasionally be required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Regularly required to lift and/or move at least 75 pounds. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The electrician is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme hot and cold temperatures, and loud noises. Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. May be required to differentiate colors and shades of colors. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception. The electrician may be required to work outside of normal business hours.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma, or GED or equivalent plus five year's industrial work experience is preferred. California Electrical License is preferred. Working with computer programs, such as Excel and Microsoft word to complete daily work logs. Ability to troubleshoot electrical malfunctions using electrical test instruments. Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
Ability to gather and record necessary information, follow through with assigned tasks, and identify and correct problems within a timely manner. Must be able to meet deadlines and work well under high pressure situations. Tolerance for repetitive work in a fast paced, high productive work environment.