|Location||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||July 27, 2018|
The V2T Roof System is disrupting the commercial roofing industry by offering a product that is easier to install, easier to maintain, and costs less than traditional roofing systems. We have already covered 8 million square feet of roof and V2T has proven itself through multiple hurricanes. It is supported by warranties from several of the major membrane manufacturers, carries UL certification, and complies with most local zoning regulations.
V2T is actively looking for an Engineer/Roof Estimator to provide and lead full-service estimating for all projects ranging from large-scale and complex to small and straightforward projects. This self-motivated industry professional should be interested in projects that are varied and span multiple types of roofing contracts.
Join the low-slope commercial roofing revolution today!
The V2T Engineer will serve primarily to analyze and specify materials needs for V2T roof installations based on customer submissions. In addition, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and pre-qualifying customer inquiries to determine suitability for the V2T roof system.
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Review and utilize historical data, reports, etc.. as needed to assess unit calculations.
- Identify material requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Compute costs by analyzing project requirements.
- Attend all pertinent pre-bid meetings and review proposals and specifications to determine scope of work and estimate.
- Manage and maintain working documents and cost database on regular basis to support estimate figures.
- Design, produce and finalize AutoCAD drawings and plans.
- Contribute to team effort and work with other departments to assess rates to be used in estimates.
- Provide technical support and guidance to personnel as required.
Since most work can be done by phone/email, we have no geographic requirements. However, we have a heavier concentration of customers in the Eastern US so proximity to that region may be given preference.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Mechanical or Civil Engineering preferred).
- Substantial experience in roofing applications, installation, construction and design.
- Substantial experience in estimating.
- Strong and comprehensive knowledge base of estimating techniques, engineering disciplines, cost control system, data analysis and strategic planning.
- Proficient with AutoCAD software. (Knowledge of Bluebeam graphic software preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (creating spreadsheets, and maintaining database information) & Powerpoint (technology information exchange)
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Capable of working independently while maintaining high levels of productivity without supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Occasional travel to job sites
- Commensurate with experience
If you are interested in working with V2T, please send your resume, CV, references, or any other pertinent information to careers@V2TRoofSystem.com.