|Date Posted||April 16, 2018|
The Field Services Representative performs the day to day services within their assigned region. Responsibilities in this position include performing and completing roof inspections, performing specialized tasks to resolve problems, and providing weekly activity reports within the region. Field work involves Low and Steep Slope roof types. Participate in training and meetings when directed.
Responsible for prioritizing, scheduling and performing warranty, guarantee and complaint inspections within area of assigned responsibility without direct supervision. Additional responsibilities include such key duties as:
60% Perform roofing site inspections as directed.
20% Assist in problem resolution, complaints and provide proper written communication to GAF and GAF owners/customers.
20% Provide technical assistance to internal and external business partners as directed.
• Traveling to neighboring areas to complete roof inspections as assigned and directed
• Prioritizing open inspection requests to formulate a productive schedule
• Completing Commercial and Residential Roof inspections including:
o Start ups
• Completing leak and complaint inspections as assigned
• Completing timely reports for all completed inspections
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES
• Adaptability: Handles wide variety of assignments. Possible short notice.
• Building Strategic Working Relationships: With internal and external business partners
• Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills: Essential, on-going, attend training
• Stress Tolerance: Work load, diffuse issues at projects
• Decision Making: Construction details, inspections
• Solid verbal and written communication skills:
• Communication: Reports, calls, emails are all carried out timely
• Understand and comply with GAF Safety requirements
• Possess a strong working knowledge of GAF products and procedures
• Possess strong computer skills related to GAF software systems as applicable
• Sound general knowledge of commercial and residential buildings, essential, on-going
• Knowledge of roofing related products and their installation method, essential, on-going
• Good attention to detail critical is for inspections
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written critical for reports. Critical for advancement.
• Ability to work toward team goals and provide solutions
• Strong interpersonal and customer relationship management skills
• Time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple activities and commitments
• Ability to lift heavy equipment and materials, ladders, etc.
• Minimum of High School Diploma or GED equivalent: Required
• 5+ years of roofing experience: Required
• Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred