|Date Posted||March 6, 2018|
Join a Skilled Maintenance Team & Make Your Mark on the 2nd Shift in an Industrial Mechanic Role Requiring Strong Electrical Skills
Grow Your Skills and Career at Nation's Largest Provider of Roofing and Re-Roofing Solutions
If you are a strong industrial maintenance mechanic with particular expertise in electrical repairs and maintenance, this position offers you a number of opportunities:
- You will join a strong and experienced maintenance team, two-thirds of which are mechanics who have been with the Oceanside plant for over five years!
- We work a Monday through Saturday schedule, so in addition to top-of-market pay and benefits, you'll earn overtime every week!
- You will learn and grow your skills as you work with diverse electromechanical equipment and large presses.
- Our company is enjoying strong growth, which will create advancement opportunities for strong performers.
- Boral Roofing recently acquired the Oceanside facility and we plan to build on its success. You'll have the opportunity to play an important role in our success story.
- We are backed by the stability and resources of a $3.4 billion global industry leader Boral Limited.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will be a strong maintenance mechanic with top-notch electrical abilities and skill with mechanical maintenance and repairs. S/he will have experience troubleshooting a variety of equipment and determining the safest way to optimize equipment efficiency.
To be a good fit for the role of Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent; an associate's degree or equivalent training is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant maintenance experience, including a minimum of 2-3+ years in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Excellent electrical skills and experience including:
- Experience with 110, 220 and up to 480V applications, 3 phase motor systems and control boxes.
- Ability to run conduit and electrically terminate wiring in industrial equipment.
- Ability to interpret input output modules, and operate related tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to pass an electrical maintenance test.
- Experience fixing PLCs; solid knowledge of ladder logic.
- Your own set of basic electrician and mechanic tools.
Boral Roofing is a subsidiary of Boral USA and is the country's largest premium provider of complete roofing and re-roofing solutions for architects as well as commercial and residential builders. Boral Roofing operates 12 clay and concrete tile manufacturing plants throughout the U.S. and Canada. Headquartered in Roswell, Georgia, Boral USA, through its subsidiaries, employs approximately 1,500 individuals at more than 140 operating and distribution sites across the United States. The U.S. operations include the country's largest clay roof tile, concrete roof tile and brick manufacturer.