|Date Posted||February 10, 2018|
Join a Skilled Team & Expand Your Skills Working on Capital & Other Projects
Grow Your Career at the Nation's Largest Provider of Roofing and Re-Roofing Solutions
If you are a degreed mechanical engineer with some experience in manufacturing, ideally working with coating, concrete, industrial packaging and/or similar equipment, this position offers you a number of opportunities:
- You will help with a range of interesting projects adding to your skill set and experience
- You will enjoy working closely with and learning from an experienced engineering team, including a senior project engineer who will mentor and manage you.
- We have a wide variety of equipment and projects. Every day is different, keeping things interesting.
- Our company is enjoying strong growth, which will create advancement opportunities for strong performers. From here you could step up to a mechanical or project engineer role.
- We are backed by the stability and resources of a $3.4 billion global industry leader Boral Limited.
To be a good fit for the role of Junior Mechanical Engineer, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. We will also consider other Engineering disciplines (i.e Electrical, Civil) with solid mechanical knowledge.
- 1-2 years of experience working as a mechanical engineer in a manufacturing environment, ideally including experience supporting and managing small- to medium-scale projects.
- Strong troubleshooting ability combined with excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working/collaborating with team members and contractors
- Basic understanding/knowledge of project management tools including risk analysis, project planning, capital appropriations/budgets, project tracking & reporting, schedule adherence, identification of problems and problem resolution, etc. Lean Manufacturing principles a plus
- Excellent PC computer skills including MS Office Suite programs and AutoCAD; ERP, ideally SAP, and SOLIDWORKS experience preferred.
Boral Roofing is a subsidiary of Boral USA and is the country's largest premium provider of complete roofing and re-roofing solutions for architects as well as commercial and residential builders. Boral Roofing operates 12 clay and concrete tile manufacturing plants throughout the U.S. and Canada. Headquartered in Roswell, Georgia, Boral USA, through its subsidiaries, employs approximately 1,500 individuals at more than 140 operating and distribution sites across the United States. The U.S. operations include the country's largest clay roof tile, concrete roof tile and brick manufacturer.