|Date Posted||April 10, 2018|
• Maintains good tenant relations through prompt and courteous response to tenant requests within the guidelines set forth by JLL.
• Respond to customer/management requests for maintenance on lighting, ceiling tiles, plumbing, roofing, doors, etc. and small projects
• Perform building plumbing and drain maintenance
• Perform paint and patch repairs as needed
• At the direction of supervisor, performs monitoring, service, and maintenance on equipment including but not limited to HVAC, pumps, and motors. Also assists in electrical, emergency backup systems, generators, UPS systems, etc.
• Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
• Requires the ability to work through tasks independently
• Assist other mechanics and operators with major maintenance and repairs of building equipment.
• Performs all maintenance in a safe manner, following prescribed procedures with a commitment to safety.
• Reviews on a regular basis and is prepared to follow all current emergency procedures set forth by JLL and the assigned property.
• Maintains ethical, professional, courteous relations with customers, contractors, and team members.
• Acts as a team member with all employees of the management staff.
• Complies with all written JLL and regional company policies.
• Self-starter, ability and motivation to work independently with minimal direction.
• Maintains the integrity and cleanliness of all mechanical spaces.
• Performs preventative maintenance program duties including rounds and readings, record keeping, etc.
• Participates in on-call 24/7 rotation
Essential Physical Abilities:
• Visually inspect machinery and building.
• Walks up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation.
• Detects emergency alarms – auditory and/or visual.
• Cleaning inspections require getting on hands and knees to inspect inaccessible areas.
• Ability to work weekends and extended hours when on call.
• Climb ladders to adjust air flow and make inspections above ceiling.
• Able to climb ladders and perform maintenance activities on building roofs.
• Employee will be on call 24/7 in rotation with other team members after adequate training.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Reads and understands equipment instruction manuals.
• Ability to communicate effectively with building customers.
• Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
• Identifies and resolves mechanical problems.
• Understands building system design and operation, i.e., fire system, domestic water system, HVAC system and electrical distribution system.
• Uses proper organizational skills and compiles appropriate information to plan and complete assigned tasks.
• Able to read and interpret blue prints and schematics.
• Knowledge of building automation systems and programming capabilities.
• Good computer skills, proficient in MS Office programs.
Minimum two years of industrial building operations and maintenance
Education: High School Diploma or GED; Universal EPA Certification, Technical Training Program Completion Preferred
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]