|Date Posted||November 6, 2018|
Information about Novelis
Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling, producing an estimated 14 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. With industry-leading assets and technology, Novelis produces the highest-quality aluminum sheet and foil products for customers in high-value markets including automotive, transportation, packaging, construction and printing.
Our customers include major brands such Jaguar, Ford, BMW, Coca-Cola, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Rexam, Ball, Crown, ThyssenKrupp and others. In addition to being the world leader in aluminum rolling, Novelis is leading the industry with our sustainability and recycling efforts. Currently, Novelis recycles 50 billion used beverage cans annually – enough to circle the earth more than 100 times.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Novelis operates in 11 countries, has approximately 11,000 employees and reported revenue of approximately $9.9 billion for its 2016 fiscal year.
Novelis Oswego has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer! This position is responsible for handling all aspects of the Mechanical Maintenance Engineering function, such as design, construction and installation of equipment modifications. With the opportunity to work with every type of machinery that you can imagine, you will analyze and recommend preventive maintenance replacement programs and provide value analysis engineering
- Maintenance of equipment covering all phases of heavy industrial plant engineering, typical of the metals industry
- Provide a strong mechanical understanding of process, civil, and electrical components involved in their equipment
- Responsible for troubleshooting encounters that center around meeting production needs in the face of tight, frequently revised schedules and/or equipment failures, the start-up of new equipment, development of new products and processes
- Optimize equipment utilization and efficiency by applying the latest development in machine procedures, diagnostic equipment, and more reliable electrical components
- Develop practical solutions to repetitive equipment failure problems that contribute to the effectiveness of the maintenance effort
- Contribute engineering expertise to project work and selection of replacement or new equipment to help ensure consistency and standardization of components and ease of maintenance
- Ensure all equipment recommended, repaired or modified meets all company and governmental safety and health rules and regulations to help ensure safety and wellbeing of employees
- Assist in the development of engineering or maintenance procedures and repair work to ensure they are safe, effective and efficient. Expand, continually, knowledge of engineering and maintenance principals and practice
- Support the implementation and maintenance of a Quality System by serving as a resource to Operating Teams