|Date Posted||April 18, 2017|
Seeking a Estimator that thrives in a dynamic, interactive company environment as well as develop and maintain relationships outside the company. Responsible for preparing accurate, timely estimates and negotiation for potential jobs based on expertise. Qualified candidates will have experience estimating commercial or industrial roofing projects.
About Us! Nations Roof, one of the largest and fastest growing commercial roofing contractors, was founded to give today’s businesses a clear choice for trustworthy, cost-effective roofing solutions. At Nations Roof, we embrace safety as an important part of a job well done. Nations Roof is an expert in every type of roofing, waterproofing, coating, green and metal system application. Our emphasis is not just project based: we work to understand the budgets, solutions and maintenance that fit best with all roofing assets. We offer more than a job….we offer a challenging career in a company that values our employees.
**Please no recruiter calls to the local office at this time**
Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work; preparing bids; equipment and materials; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for products, projects or services
- Abreast of design requirements, codes and materials
- Consult with clients, vendors or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Knowledge of various roof systems, materials, construction processes and theories
- Capable of identifying, correct and report unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards
- Understand complex problems and make decisions to benefit everyone as much as possible
Education and Experience:
- Commercial roofing industry
- Ability Some overnight travel
- Familiarity with IBC and local building codes
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to use/learn business technology
- High-school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Edge estimating software
What to look forward to
The right individual will be provided with opportunities beyond what’s expected in the roofing industry with a challenging career, great compensation, medical benefits, vacation and a 401(K) program.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.