|Date Posted||January 5, 2018|
***Commercial roofing industry experience is required for this position**
Nations Roof is growing! As a result of growth we are seeking a skilled Operations Manager to provide realistic leadership to personnel and assist in efficient quality control and safety.
Nations Roof is one of the largest and fastest growing commercial roofing contractors, ranked #4 in 2017 Top Roofing Contractors in the US with 25 locations across the country.
Please no recruiter calls to the local office. We are only considering local candidates currently.
- Develop and use advanced planning skills for establishing maximum productivity of manpower, materials and equipment, etc.
- Monitor projects with respect to current status and time and materials
- Coordinate preparation of operating reports such as time and attendance records, terminations, new hires, transfers, budget expenditures and statistical records of performance data
- Conduct regular meetings with management team and field workers
- Determine training needs for roofing crews; organize and direct needed training in safety, quality and customer satisfaction
- Review and analyze budget reports and prepare and develop budget modifications and recommendations
- Document project discrepancy between budget and actual
- Recruit, train and retain a workforce
- Willing to learn and teach best practices for roofing installation by fully participating in on-the-job training as well as periodic manufacturer training
- Ensure crews are adhering to OSHA and company safety regulations
- Know and stay abreast of design requirements, codes and materials
- Must be able to calmly track multiple ongoing jobs
- Study methods of improving work measurements and performance standards
- Roofing industry management experience
- Advanced technical knowledge of various roof systems, materials and construction processes
- Identify, correct and report unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards
- Understand implications of lost production on job budgets
- Collect and research data to the company’s benefit
- Build and develop productive working relationships with other department managers and management personnel
- Able to understand complex problems and make decisions to benefit everyone as much as possible
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel when required
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- 10 years roofing production supervision experience
- Bilingual fluency (English/ Spanish)
- Data base estimating, digitizer or computerize estimating software
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not meant to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
- Competitive wages (based upon experience)
- Medical, Dental benefits
- Accident and Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Holiday and Vacation
- 401(K) with employer contribution
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check
All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.