|Date Posted||January 10, 2018|
Johns Manville, a Berkshire Hathaway company (NYSE: BRK.A, BRK.B), is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality products for building insulation, mechanical insulation, commercial roofing, and roof insulation, as well as fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial, and residential applications. JM serves markets that include aerospace, automotive and transportation, air handling, appliance, HVAC, pipe and equipment, filtration, waterproofing, building, flooring, interiors, and wind energy. In business since 1858, the Denver-based company has annual sales of $2 billion and holds leadership positions in all of the key markets that it serves. JM employs approximately 6,000 people and operates 40 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and China.
Summary of Position: Our South Gate, California plant is a manufacturing facility producing Modified Bituminous roofing materials used for commercial and industrial roofing applications. The Process/Quality Technologist leads in maintaining and improving our process improvement and product quality. This position is a part of a small plant team who works together to meet our customer's needs. We offer competitive compensation and benefits that include health, dental, vision, 401K plans, life insurance, and tuition assistance.
• Data analysis of process input parameters.
• Process improvement through SPC charting and other tools.
• Correlation of formulation and process settings to internal and external material quality requirements.
• Ensure quality across the entire manufacturing operation
• Ensure the safety of self and others by complying with all policies and procedures
• Performs all periodic safety and environmental audits.
• Supervises quality department team members.
• Implements SOP's and Work Instructions for quality management and manufacturing related processes.
• Interacts with production to audit in-process testing and report any deviations for immediate resolution.
• Initiates deviation requests for approval within Quality Management Systems for short-term specification changes and disposition on non-conforming materials.
• Builds BOM's and routings for product base and costing.
• Interacts with all regulatory agencies (UL, FM, Intertek, etc.).
• Reports on regulatory agency visits and findings. Makes corrective measures to any regulatory agency findings and reports out on corrective actions.
• Interacts with customers on quality issues, develops RCCA with assistance from production for any quality complaints that are validated.
• Ensures all quality lab equipment is working properly and that periodic calibrations are performed on schedule.
• Plans and directs systems and processes to ensure products produced meet or exceed established specifications: quality manufacturing specifications – raw material test methods – finished product test methods – certificate of analysis – deviation requests. Performs quality lab testing as necessary to confirm product meets minimum specifications or greater.
• Identify, maintain and communicate on all QA metrics in a timely manner. Participate in the continuous improvement of product quality, which will include a firm understanding of customer, CTQ's, manufacturing process capability, and development of finished product specifications. Participates in monthly quality reporting.
• Manage Quality Assurance departmental expenditure goals, expenditures according to budge planning, and reduction of annual expenditures.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree (Engineering/Analytical); 6 Sigma or lean manufacturing experience a plus; Ability to work both independently and in a team environment; Solid computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled