|Date Posted||January 9, 2018|
Job Title: Polymer Production Manager
Location: Greenville, SC
Compensation: $80-100k + bonus
Benefits: Full benefits, relo assistance
About our Client:
Our client, one of the ten largest companies worldwide in the Polymer segment, produces a number of intermediate chemical products to aid their customers in optimizing their finished products, from roofing, flame retardants, building products, adhesives, graphic arts, etc. The client is seeking a successful Polymer Production Manager, who will provide leadership, process expertise and managerial skill to assure production objectives (Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Personnel, and Regulatory & Budgetary) are achieved in efficient, timely, safe manner. Directly manages production staff on all shifts. The successful candidate for this position will combine a strong chemistry background in Polymers (water-based, preferred), along w/ proven managerial strength within the chemical manufacturing sector borne out by a successful track record. This is an opportunity to join an entrepreneurial organization in a “family-feel” type facility, all w/ the financial backing of one of the sector’s prime leaders!
- Manage and supervise production employees including hiring, training, coaching, evaluation and counseling to foster a Safe Productive Team environment.
- Production Manager leads by example to promote Safety Excellence. Key member of Safety Management Team.
- Develop training for all production positions and Mentor Program for supervisors to build a solid team.
- Production Manager provides input into development of operating procedures, programs and assure adequate employee training and verify that they achieve intended results. Key member of PSM and RMP programs to ensure safe and environmentally friendly processes.
- Manage procurement of raw materials, inventory, process transactions and allocation of personnel resources to meet production demands and company goals.
- Working with Process Engineers, R&D and Production staff, identify production issues, troubleshoot, identify root causes, present and implement solutions
- Monitor and maintain work flow and production processes
- Identify, recommend and implement metrics to track report and improve production.
- Provide input into budget
- Lead by example to promote ethical behavior and practices within the company.
- BS degree in Chemistry and/or Chemical Engineering highly preferred
- Five to seven years of experience managing staff and production operations in chemical reaction type manufacturing process environment; ideal candidate will have expertise in polymer production processing
- Successful track record maintaining production, quality and safety systems.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate clear, concise instructions and write reports
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact effectively and work collaboratively across functions
- Experience managing staff including ability to train, coach and evaluate performance
- Computer proficient including Microsoft Office applications, experience with ERP systems, Process Operating systems such as Wonderware and warehouse management systems.