|Location||Bronx, New York|
|Date Posted||May 11, 2018|
We are seeking a Project Coordinator/ Jr Project Manager to assist the Service Manager oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of overall repairs and small scope roof projects from beginning, to end. Qualified candidates will have experience in commercial/industrial roofing or similar construction industry with strong computer skills. Based out of the Yonkers, NY location.
Nations Roof, one of the largest and fastest growing commercial roofing contractors, was founded to give today’s businesses a clear choice for trustworthy, cost-effective roofing solutions. At Nations Roof, we embrace safety as an important part of a job well done. Nations Roof is an expert in every type of roofing, waterproofing, coating, green and metal system application. Our emphasis is not just project based: we work to understand the budgets, solutions and maintenance that fit best with all roofing assets. We offer more than a job….we offer a challenging career in a company that values our employees.
- Coordinate project activities to attain successful goals on all projects by focusing attention to on time and in budget project completion.
- Reading and takeoffs from plans/specs for repairs and small scope re-roof projects.
- Assist with management of assigned projects including coordination/supervision of subcontractors.
- Controlling and prioritizing multiple activities while handling multiple projects.
- Prepare purchase orders request for review.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings.
- Maintain communication with project contacts regarding scheduling.
- Assist in insuring inventory of materials received at project site.
- Coordinate final inspections with customer/manufacturer and advise estimating of completion.
- Complete project closeout documents.
- Assist in ensuring overall quality control of projects.
- Assist estimating, on an as needed basis, prepare bid packages and submitals.
- Understanding of construction design and installation, code compliance and manufacturers requirements for warranty. (Commercial/ Industrial experience preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point).
- Willing to be trained on company specific software.
- Good leadership and organization skills.
- Ability to give instructions and clearly explain problems or situation.
- Must be team orientated.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Valid drivers license
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
What to look forward to
The right individual will be provided with opportunities beyond what’s expected in the roofing industry with a challenging career, great compensation, medical benefits and a 401(K) program.
If interested and have construction experience, please submit your resume today! Visit our Careers page www.NationsRoof.com .
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.