|Date Posted||December 6, 2017|
We are seeking a confident, energetic, driven, self-starter who enjoys being challenged and thrive in a creative solutions based environment. The Service departments are an established line of business within Nations Roof and differ from roofing construction. The Operations Manager is responsible for providing realistic leadership to personnel and assisting with efficient quality control and safety of the commercial roof service and repair department.
Roofing industry experience is a must. Please No recruiter calls to the local office.
Nations Roof, one of the largest and fastest growing commercial roofing contractors, was founded to give today’s businesses a clear choice for trustworthy, cost-effective roofing solutions. At Nations Roof, we embrace safety as an important part of a job well done. Nations Roof is an expert in every type of roofing, waterproofing, coating, green and metal system application. Our emphasis is not just project based: we work to understand the budgets, solutions and maintenance that fit best with all roofing assets. We offer more than a job….we offer a challenging career in a company that values our employees.
- Monitor projects with respect to current status and time and materials
- Coordinate preparation of operating reports such as time and attendance records, terminations, new hires, transfers, budget expenditures and statistical records of performance data
- Conduct regular meetings with service foreman and field workers
- Determine training needs for roofing crews; organize and direct needed training in safety, quality and customer satisfaction
- Review and analyze budget reports and prepare and develop budget modifications and recommendations
- Document project discrepancy between budget and actual
- Recruit, train and retain a workforce
- Willing to learn and teach best practices for roofing installation by fully participating in on-the-job training as well as periodic manufacturer training
- Ensure crews are adhering to OSHA and company safety regulations
- Know and stay abreast of design requirements, codes and materials
- Must be able to calmly track multiple ongoing jobs
- Study methods of improving work measurements and performance standards
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of various roof systems, materials, construction processes and theories; desire to stay abreast of codes and other necessary information
- Ability to identify, correct and report unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards
- Knowledge to inspect and ensure attention to detail and quality
- Ability to convey information, concepts and concerns to people with differing communication styles
- Collect and research data to the company’s benefit
- Provide detailed professional expertise and client based solutions
- Able to understand complex problems and make decisions to benefit everyone as much as possible
Education and Experience
- Roofing industry experience
- English fluency
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to use/learn business technology
- Familiarity with local building codes
- Ability to travel when required
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual fluency (English/ Spanish)
- Experience with estimating programs
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all of the responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified.
What to look forward to
The right individual will be provided with opportunities beyond what’s expected in the roofing industry with a challenging career, great compensation, medical benefits, life and disability insurance, vacation and a 401(K) program.
If interested and have commercial roofing management experience, please submit your resume today!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check
All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.