|Date Posted||November 22, 2017|
We are seeking an assertive, dynamic, ambitious individual who thrives in a conceptual and detail based environment. The Commercial Roofing Estimator is responsible for preparing accurate, timely estimates and contract negotiation on potential projects. This position is base out of the Yonkers, NY location
Commercial roofing estimating experience is required to be considered for this position. Please no recruiter calls to the local office.
- Estimate, compile bids and generate proposals so that they are completed on time.
- Make site visits to collect bidding information.
- Work in tandem with sales staff to prepare proposals for completion before prospective customer due date.
- Assist in winning new business by reviewing estimates within established parameters. (Bid Review)
- Review/prepare proposed project bids in accordance with company bidding procedures, with essential overall cost accuracy.
- Review contracts for accuracy in price and scope.
- Prepare submittal packages.
- Prepare notice of award for manufacturer guarantees.
- Prepare change order estimates for approval.
- Prepare purchase orders request.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings.
- Participate in pre-job meetings with handoff from estimating to project management on assigned projects.
- Coordinate project activities to attain successful goals on all projects by focusing attention to on time and in budget project completion.
- Complete project closeout documents.
- Participate in post-job review/analysis of actual costs to estimated costs through job cost system for use on future projects.
- Assist in winning profitable repeat business by cultivating customer relationships during management of projects.
- Knowledge of various roof systems, materials, construction process and design, code compliance and manufacturers requirements for warranty.
- Adept with data base estimating, digitizer or computerize estimating software.
- Ability to analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs. (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
- Outstanding communication and time management abilities.
- Ability to give instructions and clearly explain problems or situation.
- Understand complex problems and make decisions to benefit everyone as much as possible.
- Must be able to work well with others and within a company system.
- Valid drivers license and clear driving record
- English Fluency – written and verbal communication.
- Associate’s Degree or 2 yrs equivalent work experience.
- Edge estimating software.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
What to look forward to
The right individual will be provided with opportunities beyond what’s expected in the roofing industry with a challenging career, great compensation, medical benefits, life insurance, disability, vacation and a 401(K) program.
If interested and have commercial roofing experience, please submit your resume today!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.