|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||April 19, 2017|
Seeking a tactical Superintendent that excels in a self-motivated, collaborative company environment as well as develop and maintain relationships outside the company. Responsible for leading foremen and field personnel to perform work safely and productively per specifications and to the standards of the company and customer.
**Please No Recruiter calls to the local office**
About Us! Nations Roof, one of the largest and fastest growing commercial roofing contractors, was founded to give today’s businesses a clear choice for trustworthy, cost-effective roofing solutions. At Nations Roof, we embrace safety as an important part of a job well done. Nations Roof is an expert in every type of roofing, waterproofing, coating, green and metal system application. Our emphasis is not just project based: we work to understand the budgets, solutions and maintenance that fit best with all roofing assets. We offer more than a job…. we offer a challenging career in a company that values our employees.
Specific Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities
- Supervise and teach foremen to lead safe and efficient roof system installations
- Identify and correct unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards
- Ensure production and quality goals
- Monitor quality of installations
- Manage and coordinate job details between the field and office
- Offer aid and expertise to others
- Maintain understanding of contract information for jobs
- Track labor hours and production against stated goals
- Schedule materials, equipment and deliveries, paying special attention to using inventoried materials
- Monitor material usage, minimize waste, anticipate shortages and order materials as needed
- Coordinate, supervise and manage subcontractors
- Participate in regular review meetings with project managers
- Demonstrate commitment to professional development
- Set an example and demonstrate willingness to be a team player
Education and Experience
- Commercial roofing industry
- Safety training: OSHA 30
- Read blueprints and specifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Aptitude to use/learn business technology
- Ability to travel as needed
- English fluency
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Specialized training: crane CCL, forklift, manufacturer-authorized trainer, roof system specific training
What to look forward to
The right individual will be provided with opportunities beyond what’s expected in the roofing industry with a challenging career, great compensation, medical benefits and a 401(K) program.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug and Smoke Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check. .