|Date Posted||October 18, 2018|
We are seeking a Sr Project Manager with experience in all phases of large scale roofing projects. Qualified candidates will have experience providing realistic leadership to personnel while maintaining efficient quality control and safety.
Commercial Roofing industry experience is required for this position.
What to expect
The Sr Project Manager needs the ability to effectively supervise superintendents, estimators and project managers while maximizing efficiency of roof system installation according to company expectations regarding safety and quality workmanship.
Specific Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include direct communication with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Monitor projects with respect to current status and time and materials
- Coordinate preparation of operating reports such as time and attendance records, terminations, new hires, transfers, budget expenditures and statistical records of performance data
- Conduct regular meetings with managers and field workers
- Determine training needs for roofing crews; organize and direct needed training in safety, quality and customer satisfaction
- Review and analyze budget reports and prepare and develop budget modifications and recommendations
- Document project discrepancy between budget and actual
- Recruit, train and retain a workforce
- Willing to learn and teach best practices for roofing installation by fully participating in on-the-job training as well as periodic manufacturer training
- Ensure crews are adhering to OSHA and company safety regulations
- Know and stay abreast of design requirements, codes and materials
- Must be able to calmly track multiple ongoing jobs
- Study methods of improving work measurements and performance standards
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of various roof systems, materials, construction processes and theories; desire to stay abreast of codes and other necessary information
- Ability to identify, correct and report unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards
- Knowledge to inspect and ensure attention to detail and quality
- Ability to convey information, concepts and concerns to people with differing communication styles
- Collect and research data to the company’s benefit
- Build and develop productive working relationships with other department managers and management personnel
- Able to understand complex problems and make decisions to benefit everyone as much as possible
Education and Experience
- Roofing production supervision experience
- English fluency
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to use/learn business technology
- Ability to travel when required
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- 10 years roofing production supervision experience
- Bilingual fluency (English/ Spanish)
- Experience with estimating programs
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
What to look forward to
The right individual will be provided with opportunities beyond what’s expected in the roofing industry with a challenging career, great compensation, medical benefits, holiday, vacation and a 401(K) program.
If interested and have commercial roofing production management experience, please submit your resume today!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify compliant Employer. Our company is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug screens will be conducted on all new hires. Prior to employment, the candidate must complete a satisfactory background check.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.