|Date Posted||December 2, 2018|
TECHNICAL SALES SPECIALIST
Carlisle Construction Materials Incorporated, a worldwide leading diversified manufacturer of premium building products and related technology, has an immediate opening for a Technical Sales Specialist, based out of Seattle, Washington. This position will cover the Northwestern region of the US and will be responsible for providing PVC technical sales support to enhance Carlisle sales efforts in a given territory. This position must work closely with the existing sales teams in the development of the strategies to grow the PVC business. PVC sales responsibilities will include presentations to Building Owners, Consultants, Architects, contractors and Distributors. This position will manage the development and implementation of the PVC Territory Development Plan for the market.
Travel requirement: 75% with 30-35 % overnight travel
- Track, quote, influence and close existing PVC specifications.
- Identify building owner targets that have a preference for PVC and insure that Carlisle is added to their base specification.
- Implement a CRM job tracking system.
- Maintain a working knowledge of company PVC products, special sales programs and marketing efforts within the sales division.
- Attend and/or participate in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events including follow up of leads.
- Identify new markets and new product opportunities.
- Receive and collect market intelligence on a regular basis on customer requirements and competitor developments.
- Develop technical sales support material for members of the sales team and organizing distributor training.
- Provide answers to inquiries (telephone/fax/mail/etc.) to assist all customers including roofing contractors, technical representatives, sales representatives, architects, specifiers and roof consultants.
- Assist with the implementation of various sales and marketing programs designed to promote the growth of PVC products.
- Discuss the use of products, emphasizing product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on knowledge of product capabilities.
- Other – Miscellaneous duties as assigned by the sales manager as deemed essential to the success of the company
- Develop a Distribution Program for targeted distribution. Conduct programs including: education, Hands on Demos, Product Demo’s, Contractor incentives in identified markets.
- Develop Contractor relationships to drive buying habits through Distribution