|Date Posted||January 3, 2019|
Bartlett Milling Company
Req. # 568-BMC-(NonEx)-410
Primary Job Location:
1st (6am to 2:30pm) and 2nd (3:30pm to 12midnight) shift jobs available. Opportunity for overtime. May include weekends.
Our ideal candidate enjoys a hands-on work environment and is looking for a job where they can prove they can learn new tasks, advance and take any and all responsibility for their safe work behavior and the safety of their coworkers. These tasks include, but are not limited to, assisting with distribution of flour and feed from our warehouse including ensuring proper rotation and minimizing product damage.
- Packing and stacking of bagged flour and feed.
- Perform GMP activities such as cleaning, routing maintenance and repairs as assigned.
- Clean up and remove product spills in a timely manner.
- Take feed and/or flour samples to the lab for testing.
- Ensuring proper product rotation and good housekeeping.
- Staging and loading of palletized products.
- Safe operation of forklift.
- Coordinating loading and unloading of bulk transfers.
- Clean and maintain equipment, machinery, and work stations.
- Perform or assist in routine maintenance and repairs.
- Perform your job tasks in a safe manner in compliance with Bartlett safety programs and procedures.
- Take responsibility for your safe work behavior
Compensation and Benefits
Base Wage: Depends on Experience
Bartlett offers a generous benefits package including
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Profit sharing plan
- Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability coverage paid 100% for employee
- Dental and Vision insurance available
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED degree or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You must have reliable transportation to be available for work 24/7.
- Experience with agriculture and farm equipment and mechanical aptitude is preferred.
Physical Demands and Requirements
This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to work in tight and confined spaces, walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. This job may require the ability to ride a belt man lift and occasionally work at significant heights, with requisite balance and equilibrium. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds and occasionally more. This job will require the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, including hardhats, gloves, safety glasses, safety shoes, and respiratory protection and ear protection as appropriate.
This job requires the ability to read and comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with your co-workers and supervisors.
It is important to have vision that permits close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
You also need the ability to detect odors and the ability to understand and discern safety warning systems.
This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments. This job may include working at heights and in confined spaces. It may be noisy and dusty at times.
Bartlett Milling Company is an affiliate of Bartlett and Company – a diverse, agri-business company headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Bartlett is more than 100 years old, and FORBES ranks it among the largest private companies in the U.S. Its principal businesses are grain merchandising and logistics, exporting, flour milling, feed manufacturing and cattle feeding. Family-owned and growth oriented, the company has facilities in Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Oklahoma, North and South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and Mexico. Financially strong and highly disciplined, we use our expertise to provide our customers with the highest quality and best service possible. Throughout our operations, safety, cleanliness, and facility maintenance are a top priority and, as such, all employees must be absolutely committed to following our disciplined safety policies and procedures.
Candidates with the following backgrounds, often make great flour mill and warehouse operators:
Concrete, Asphalt, Roofing, Roofer, Construction, Landscaping, Landscaper, Milling, Mechanic, Farming, Farm Work, Farmer, Ranching, Ranch Work, Rancher, Feed, Flour, Warehouse
All employees shall be subject to drug testing and background checks.
FLSA Status : Non-Exempt.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions of the job. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Bartlett will not accept unsolicited applications or resumes from placement services, recruiters or staffing firms. Bartlett WILL NOT pay any placement fee for unsolicited applications unless a written agreement is in place, in advance, for a specific job requisition. Unless such a written agreement is in place, any unsolicited resume shall be deemed Bartlett property and no fees shall be due from Bartlett to any third party under any circumstances.
You may be required to work periodically at other Bartlett regional locations.
Job Category #: 568-BMC-(NonEx)-410